Monday, June 04, 2007

So Sad

I've been reading some recent comments about myself and it's so sad that said commenters jump to such harsh conclusions without knowing the entire story.
Apparently when you have children you are supposed to put on your MOOMOO and start Knitting sweaters. You are not allowed to go out and have fun. Even the 2 times I've been out this entire year are too much for them.
It really is a shame that I have children and take such fantastic care of them. It's a shame that they get to go to a private christian school and attend church every sunday. It's really a shame that I went out twice this year and had drinks, Lord knows a 23 year old girl is NOT supposed to do that. Its also a shame that I blogged about it and now I'm catching such slack for it. It's a shame that the last time I went out it caused me to have another anxiety attack and it will be the last time I will ever go out for the rest of my life.
So, to all you young moms with small children. You apparently are not allowed a break. Ever. You may as well just shut the blinds, lock the doors and shut off your phones. And forget even having a wedding anniversary! You are supposed to just forget about your husbands as soon as the children are born! How DARE you have children if you still want to have fun?! Children are only for Old Hags! Shame on you!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Kristiansen said...

As my sweet mother says...

"F*%@ 'em if they can't take a joke."

But she doesn't censor herself.

Seriously, babe, those who know you KNOW you are a freakin great mom. And heck, if you can get out THAT often, good for you!

I, for one, think you rock.

If I had a margarita right now I would raise my glass to you! But, alas, I am a mommy to young children and am very busy knitting mu-mus. :)

6/05/2007 1:53 AM  
Blogger RachelDenbow said...

I'm sorry people have been hurtful to you. I want to introduce you to a blog that might be a little encouraging in your similar attempt (as mine and so many others) at staying yourself after motherhood whilst giving to your family every day. Check out:

http://www.dooce.com/

THis site is not for the easily offended so I know you'll appreciate it. Sometimes you just need to hear stories from Heather.

As for a hair up do...Start with a large section on the crown and poof it up a little. Secure with bobby pins. Then keep pulling hair up and twisting it into loose loops and securing it. Pull tighter as you gather the hair that frames your face and neck. Then I just add a ribbon or headband. If its not long enough to get it all back, just play with it closer to the nape of your neck.
I just cut my hair last night so those pics were my secret ode to my hair. I'll post another pic to show everyone sometime this week. I did some Audrey Hepburn, Roman Holiday bangs.
Back to the mu-mus.

6/05/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger erin said...

I just had the same thing happen to me. OMGoodness. Some people are retards. Sorry if the term offends you. ;)

Go out and have fun and I hope you don't have to eliminate your comments option because of some idiots. Rock on Cameron. I love your blogs. Get wasted every once in a while and party it up. It's not like you're taking your kids with you. DUH!
xoxo - erin collins

6/07/2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As Joe Dirte would say...Yer my sister, yer my sister!
I love you, your family loves you, your friends love you...just remember that the next time you get stressed out! Now I must vent..

It's sad that some people have absolutely nothing else to do except prey on young unsuspecting mothers.

I think THEY should try knitting! They're sooooo jealous of you! You have a great family, great friends and a good job. Oh wait, I guess none of that matters, right? PU SHAW! Family, friends and your job are ALL that matters, the going out is just the glue that holds it all together. All mothers deserve a break every once in a while and shouldn't be beaten over the head with it.

Tell them to kiss your a@$ because unlike them, your life is pretty darn good!
Love ya!

6/09/2007 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe, don't let these people make you feel bad about going out and having a great time with your hubby and friends. It's not like you pick up your kids and take them home after you've been out drinking and having a great time. I should know since I am the grandma. I say to he__ with them if they don't know how to have a family and a life. We all love you and that's all that matters. Keep up the good work.
Love you!

6/15/2007 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker