Friday, November 30, 2007

Observations



There's a lot going on in this picture.

My tree is up and presents wrapped. I had the worst time with this tree. And after I finally got all working lights up and all the ornaments I had enough hooks for, more lights went out. And I broke two ornaments. Two of my favorites. Thankfully brian could glue them back together. I was so tired and frustrated that I just went to bed. Two days later I come home and brian had fixed the lights. I was so happy I almost cried. I don't think he knew how much it meant to me that he did that, but I just couldn't even look at that tree I was so frustrated.

Brian's new toy sitting on top of my new favorite piece of furniture. Yeah, its fun and all but we really didn't need it. He loves it though and we are going to have to upgrade our cable to digital so he can get the HD channels. BUT I LOVE LOVE the tv stand I picked out. It was more than we wanted to spend, but there really wasn't anything in town and little to choose from! It opened up my house so much b/c it's so much smaller than the huge black entertainment center we had before.

I'm taking the pic with my new 18-200mm lens. New lens? you say? Yeah. Yesterday afternoon, Chloe decided to knock my camera off of the counter at the LSS and it landed smack dab on the lens. Granted it was the plastic body lens that came with my first 35mm nikon, so it wasn't the best in the world, but dad gommit it worked! So I rushed to cliff's to see if it was fixable. Maybe, but not before Christmas. Well I need something by sunday b/c Lily is singing in church! I had a coupon for 25% off a new lens, which i noticed a little to late that it happened to be expired, but Cliff being the wonderful old man he is let me use it anyway and didn't even tell me it was expired. This happened to be the only lens they had in stock that wasn't super telephoto, which I have absolutely no need for as my children do not play sports. I come to find out later, as I'm talking to latisha this morning that the 18-200mm is a really awesome lens, and as I played with it I realized that I love it! I will be getting my 50mm in the mail today btw. sweet.

I'll have a couple of fun crafty things for you tomorrow :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Latisha said...

I bet football looks awesome on that TV!!

11/30/2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

you already have your presents wrapped...what???

12/01/2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah Kristiansen said...

I felt the same way about the TV (TK's present to himself last year) but it really is awesome. As soon as you get digital cable, DVR the entire Planet Earth series on the DiscoveryHD Channel. TRUST ME. It is that good. And just wait until Brian sees football in HD. (might I add that my Patriots are looking especially good in HD) And now you have TWO lenses that I need. You love the 18-200? That's the next one on my list....

12/04/2007 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker