Sunday, January 04, 2009

I'd lose my head if it wasn't screwed on

Things at my house are ... chaotic.

I just heard the dryer buzz and I'm going to ignore it because I haven't blogged in umpteen weeks and I have too much to say.  I have been doing laundry for about a week straight to make up for the three weeks I took a break from doing it. What is it about laundry coming back to bite you in the butt?

If you have not seen this movie - Bella - you must put it on your netflix list right away. I must warn you though, I cried so hard my face hurt afterwars.
I have a couple of weeks to breathe and have a break from the photo biz to get ready for Lil's birthday. She wants a supergirl party. She also wants a 2nd friends party at the bowling alley. They want $10 a kid!! The darn things probably won't even bowl for crying out loud. I'm going to try and talk her into something else that I can hopefully make sound way more fun than a trip to the non-bowling alley. I did make her and Chloe the cutest darn capes ever and gave them to them for Christmas so they can wear them to the party. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she replied - decor for my new bedroom and clothing. Seriously. She is turning 6 for goodness sakes, not 16! She has picked out a color called "Lettuce Alone" for her new bedroom walls with "Raspberry Rush" for the polkadots. I have decided to paint her bathroom the same "lettuce" color and her grandma is having towels monogramed and hopefully picking out a shower curtain and rug to match. Mom bought her 3 10x10 foiled stand-outs of pics i took of her and cade. They are probably the most amazing things I've ever seen. I will post pics when they are hung. 

Here is what I bought for her:


The frame on the right with the owls - 

The curtains are actually white
The frame on the left b/c they only had one strawberry and it was broken :( 





And a pair of Jeans and a package of Panties.  I just love how the gap has sections of coordinating stuff. She can wear everything with everything!

I got all of this in the city on New years day.  We went to see the flaming lips again. They were fabulous again.  I think it may be a tradition now.  Lets just hope they continue it on their end!

Nearly all of our cabinets are in and our new microwave was hung today.  It has been such a mess in there.  They are pouring the cement tomorrow (hopefully) for the addition.  Something keeps happening to push it back.  But that is how construction goes!  Thankfully Gina is letting me use her crop room to have Lil's bday party since my house is a walking disaster at the moment.  It is going to be so beautiful when we are done. I can't wait to share it with you.

We went to see Benjamin Button this evening. It was just as good as I knew it would be. 
This was totally my favorite scene.  He reminds me of James Dean here.  I think my favorite quote was "we all have to lose the people we love otherwise we would never know how important they are to us"  I'm sure I totally botched that one up, but you get the point.  I'm going to have to see it again. I will probably just go buy it when it comes out.  

Which reminds me.  I have officially worn out my copy of Elf and I had to throw it away.  I felt I needed to give it a funeral or something.  There are very few movies in my life that I have watch enough that they have actually worn out from watching and not had something else happen to them.  It was a sad day.  I need to go buy a new one.  We watch it year round at my place.  

I suppose I've ignored the buzzer long enough and I should go.  Brian has also hijacked the tv and is watching some show about squirrels. (imagine that...)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker