Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tis the season to be Thankful

This year I am in charge of the Mom's our MOPS group is sponsoring for Christmas.
I recieved their names and numbers today to call and see just what they needed and wanted.  
The first girl I called said, without thought, that they desperately needed food.  Food? I was expecting her to say, oh it would be nice to have a stroller or a bouncy chair for my 8 day old baby. No. The only thing she wants is food.  I, then, panic because we aren't going to deliver anything until the middle of December.  She only has one gallon of milk to her name, what is she going to eat until we get there next month?!
The second girl starts to tear up when I ask what they really need.  Her 9 year old daughter has nothing to wear since her last growth spurt.  She also says that they could use any and all baby items because they have nothing for their 3 week old baby boy.  She also has a 2 year old.  I then find out that they don't actually have a home right now as they lost their apartment and are hoping to find something before Christmas.  They are staying with a friend, thankfully she has a friend to stay with for a few weeks.  I asked her if there was anything special that they would love to have.  She says the thing they really really want this year is a Christmas tree and ornaments to decorate it with.  
I hung up the phone and messaged Latisha with tears in my eyes.  Both conversations just absolutely broke my heart.  Here, I am thinking I am not even going to have time to put up my tree because we are re-modeling our house and all this girl wants is a tree to call her own.  All I could do was pray and thank Jesus for all of the blessings he has given me.  Half the time I'm sure I don't deserve any of it.  I spent the rest of the day jsut saying "thank you. thank you. thank you"  Once I got ahold of myself I called Andrea to talk to her about it and it got me again.  I just know I'm going to have a hard time telling the entire MOPS group about it tomorrow.  I'd better take a box of kleenexes up front with me.  I just hope and pray that we can meet their needs and show them what God's everlasting love truly means.

2 Comments:

Blogger sandra said...

omg i got all choked up at work. makes me think about all the things ive been bitching about lately. i shld be more thankful. thanks for posting this.

11/20/2008 11:25 AM  
Blogger Breanne Crawford said...

good for you, cam. you're doing such an amazing thing!

11/26/2008 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker