Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Conversations with a 3 year old

This evening after I put Chloe in bed she starts crying.  I go in to see what the matter is and she says she was going to have a bad dream.  I asked her if she wanted to talk to Jesus about it and she said yes.  As I was trying to explain to her that Jesus lives in our hearts (which she never quite understands) she says to me 

"If we take bad trips then we might trip over a turtle or sometimes a bunny" 

and I say "Oh really" 

Then she says "And sometimes the road might crack and our house will float away down the street past Grandmas"  

I say "That is the silliest thing I've ever heard! Do you know what is under the road?" 

She says "Soil!" 

I say, "Wow, Yes! Soil! And you don't float on soil, it is hard and sturdy! So if the road breaks, the will just patch it up and no one floats away."

She says, "If you mix sugar with soil, you get pancakes and macaroni & cheese."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had one of those conversations yesterday. It involved trucks, Canada, and Backyardigans...

11/07/2008 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker