Friday, August 14, 2009

My face Hurts

This book has been on the very top of my favorites list for years now. I bought it right after I started working in the book department at hastings (2004-ish?) because I thought it had such a beautiful cover. I did that a lot, and still do actually (what do you expect?) but this one turned out to be a total Gem!

I was sooooooo excited to see the movie! So Lil, Andrea, Nikki, Jeris, Ronnie, T, Uncle Ronnie, Brett, Rachel & I (lol) went to see it this evening. As I knew I would I cried like a BABY! THEN Andrea and Nikki and I laughed so hard at ourselves we cried even harder! It was sooo dang good. There was only 1 thing I was dissapointed in. The very last scene in the book, which was probably the very best, was left out. He travels really far into the future and she is 80 yrs old sitting in her wheelchair waiting for him. She gets to see him one last time before she dies. Seriously, I remember crying so hard at that part in the book that I was almost dreading it in the movie! When they didn't though, I was not happy. At one point Lil turned to me and said, "Mom, my eyes are tearing up." I said, "It's sad isn't it" she says "yes" But then later she got on to me for crying to loud and shaking the chair. HAHAHAHA!! I did have to cover her eyes at a couple of parts also. It was only rated PG, but apparently PG is a bit different than it used to be. They showed his butt a couple of times and he felt her up once, but other than that she got to see the rest of the movie :) Halfway through she says, "Mom, can we buy this?" um YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker