Sunday, March 08, 2009

More conversations with crazy children

Tonight I'm reading the girls a bedtime story.  
I can't seem to get my throat cleared so I have to keep grunting.
Lil says, mom, you have a frog in your throat.
Chloe says, mom, can I name your frog Kelly?

Soon after the lights are out and I leave the room the girls start yelling,
MOM!! SHE WOKE ME UP, SHE WON'T BE QUIET SO I CAN SLEEP!
Knowing that we go through this every night and knowing that whatever I've been saying has obviously not been working, I go for a different approach.
Girls, it is not okay to concentrate on what the other person is doing wrong.  You need to look at yourself and make sure you are doing the right thing.  If you would both look at yourself in this situation you would realize that you are making the noise and then you can be quiet so the other person can sleep.
Lil replies with, Mom, for one thing it is dark in here and we can't even see our faces.  How are we supposed to look at ourselves if we can't see ourselves.
Oh, COME ON!! Not litterally!!!!

This evening in celebrate recovery we watched a really great video!  
Thanks Jared!
Enjoy :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker