Friday, November 17, 2006

Suck Suckity Suck Suck

This morning Chloe had a Dr. appointment. The regular fun, go check em out and get a shot kind. I asked the nurse if both of the girls could get their flu shots while we were there. She says, "what kind of insurance do you have?" I told her soonercare, to which she replies "we don't have any of THOSE left, they're on order so you'll have to check back later" WHATEVER!!!

SOOOO

We went back to the room and the other nurse says, since you're on soonercare we have to do a mandatory lead screening on Chloe. WHAT?!@! You're telling me that since we can't get insurance we must be poor and poor kids get lead poisoning?!!! GRRRRRRRRR. I was really upset and kind of freaking out b/c this requires drawing blood. So we finish the appointment and I go to the St. Mary's lab that is in the same building as her Dr. The lady sticks her twice digging both times while Chloe screams in Pain and Lily is crying, plugging her ears and yelling "STOP YOU'RE HURTING MY SISTER" I was trying not to cry b/c I felt bad for the dumb nurse and I felt worse for Chloe and Lily. She stops after the 2nd time and says, "I can't do this, you have to go somewhere else." GREAT

SOOOOO

I take the girls to McDonalds, because McDonalds heals all. I left Lily with her Grandma so she won't have to witness the maddness again and we head for St. Mary's. Thankfully the lady there knew what she was doing and she was in and out in no time. I can't believe they would make these kids go through this just because we can't afford independent insurance. I REALLY hope Brian gets this job soon so we can have insurance because I am seriously going to lose my mind. very soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'm so sorry!! I hate to see the kiddos cry..I know how you feel! Hope all will work out soon!

11/17/2006 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker