Sunday, September 07, 2008

New Brother


Yes, you read right! I have a new Brother. Jesse arrived Friday in all his chubby splendor; 8lbs 12oz and 22" long. This pic is of my dad holding him. He has the nicest shaped head...
The whole situation is a little bittersweet really. One one hand I'm excited to have another sibling and of course, who doesn't just LOVE babies, on the other hand he lives in Norman and I will hardly get to see him and on a third hand (yes, three hands) I am feeling the whole little kid jealousy that my dad will now have even less time for me. It sounds really silly when I say it out loud really, but when he called and said he was born I wanted to just cry even though I was totally happy. I suppose I feel a little cheated at times. It's no ones fault really. When I was born, my parents were barely 17 and still in High School. Neither of them were even close to being ready to be parents. They had to drop out and take on full time jobs and such. I'm not saying they were bad by any means, but you can understand the difference between a kid having a baby and an adult having one that has already learned life lessons and knows what is really important. I suppose that I'm jealous of my little sister and brother b/c they are getting what I see as the very best of my Dad. I want to stomp my feet and say he was mine FIRST!! But alas, I must be an adult.


I've been taking photos at the church. They had me shoot the refuge service a couple of weeks ago. It took me 400 shots to figure out the lighting. It is nearly pitch black in that room! I really love it though. The worship is absolutely amazing.




Also - I'm getting one of these:


don't be jealous :)

3 Comments:

Blogger The 4 Sullivans said...

Hey you!!! I miss our visits to Splash Pad!!! We are needing a new family picture and I thought maybe you would want to make a trip to OKC be a working trip and you could visit ur new sibling too!!! We are free the rest of this month. Our email is thesullivans@europe.com. Let us know if you are interested!!!

9/08/2008 8:43 AM  
Blogger Dacia said...

congrats on being a sister again. i think i understand how you're feeling with the new sibling thing. i hope it's much better than you expect. :-)

also, the pics of refuge are really great! good job!

9/08/2008 5:01 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Dude. macbook pros ROCK.

9/15/2008 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker